– 1/4 cup canola oil
– 2 Spanish onions, diced
– 1 tablespoon kosher salt
– 4 cloves garlic, crushed and finely chopped
– 3 tablespoons tomato paste
– 1/4 cup bourbon
– 2 tablespoons smoked sweet paprika
-1 teaspoon ground allspice
– 1/2 cup brown sugar
– 1 cup ketchup
– 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
– 1/4 cup molasses
– 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
– 2 tablespoons hello mustard
– 3 tablespoons cannabutter
1. Add the oil, onions, and salt and cook lightly until golden brown in a sauce pot over a medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
2. Add the tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes. Stir from time to time until the sauce starts to get brown. Remove pot from heat and add bourbon.
3. Put pot back on the heat and reduce the bourbon by half. Afterwards ad the brown sugar. Cook for 2-3 minutes until sugar is fully dissolved.
4. Add the spices and cook for 5 minutes. Stir from time to time, then add ketchup, vinegar, molasses, Worcestershire, and mustard.
5. Reduce heat to low to a simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently until the mixture has thickened.
6. Let the sauce cool for 5 minutes. Afterwards put into a blender & puree in high speed until smooth.
7. Once the sauce is smooth, set the blender to low and add the cannabutter one tablespoon at a time until the sauce has a shiny consistency. Enjoy