What is cerebral Palsy?
Cerebral Palsy is a collection of Disorders that effect your muscle tone, movement and balance. It also impacts your balance, posture, oral motor functioning, fine motor skills and gross motor skills. The term “cerebral” indicates that the condition is brain related. “Palsy” relates to a muscle problem or weakness.
It is a group of non-progressive and non-contagious motor conditions that causes physical disability in human development. Cerebral palsy primary effects various areas of body movement. This is causes by damage to the motor controls centers of the developing brain and can occur during pregnancy, during child birth, or even after birth up until the age of 3 years old. Results of cerebral palsy are limited movement, poor posture, disturbances of sensation, depth perception and other sight-based perceptual problems.
Symptoms of Cerebral Palsy
All types of cerebral palsy can be characterized by abnormal tissue tone, reflexes, motor development and coordination. In certain cases, there can be bone deformities and contractures. The classical symptoms linked to cerebral palsy are spastisities, spasms, other involuntary movements, unsteady gait, problema with balance and decreased muscle mass.
Symptoms of Cerebral Palsy vary from.person to person. Every case of Cerebral Palsy is unique to the individual. Issues you may suffer from CP include:
– lack of muscle coordination (ataxia)
– Exaggeration reluxes and shift muscles ( spasticity)
– Variations of muscle tone, for example being too floppy or stiff.
– stiff muscles with normal reflexes (rigidity)
– slow, writhing movements (atheosis
– involuntary movements or tremors
-Excessive or too little muscle contraction
– difficulty eating or sucking
– problems with swallowing or excessive drooling
-walking challsnges, such as asymmetrical gait, wide gait, a gait with knee crossing, a crouching gait or walking on toes.
– Delays in motor skills, such as crawling or sitting up unaided.
A cerebral palsy disability may affect your entire body. It can be limited to one side or one limb. The brain anomalies related to cerebral palsy mày also bring on further neurological problems. Because of this you may also have:
– Oral diseases
– Abnormal touch or pain perceptions
– Intellectual disabilities
– Difficulties with hearing and vision
– urinary incontinence
– psychiatric (mental health) problems
Current treatments available and their side effects
Whethervyoubarevan adult with the condition or have a child with CO, you or they need long-term care from abfull-term of medical professionals, which may include physical therapists, surgeons, mental health, specialists, social workers, marijuana doctors and more.
Medications are used to treat muscle tightness. They may also work on other symptoms like elasticity complications and pain, as well as to improve your general physical functioning..
If spasticity is violated to one group of muscles, you may receive bitox injections into your nerve, muscle or both. These injections may also help with drooling and more needed every three months. These injections may cause severe weakness, bruising, mils flu-like aymptoms and pain. It can also cause difficulties swallowing and breathing.
Bacloden (Gabiofen). Bacloden side effects include nausea, confusion and sleepiness. This drug can be pumped directly into your spinal cord rather than being an oral medication.
Dantrolene (Dantium). Dantrolene side effects include diarrhea, nausea, weakness and sleepiness.
– Diazepam (Valium). Diazepam can cause dependency if it’s used long term. Its side effects include drooling, weakness and drowsiness.
How/why marijuana is an effective treatment
A study of pain treatments published in the American Journal of Physical Medical Rehabilitation for people with cerebral palsy found that cannabis provided the most relief. Another study published in reviews in Neurological Diseases found that a 45 year old male with epilepsy and CP showed a distinct improvement from using marijuana.
What Symptoms of the condition can cannabis treat?
Marijuana and cerebral palsy are compatible regarding treatment. Cannabis has showed to be effective for treating various symptoms of cerebral palsy including:
– Pain. If your muscles are locked and rigid, it’s very painful.cannabis is well known for pain.many people with chronic pain use it medically for relief from their symptoms.
– Seizures. As many as 35-50 percent of children with cerebral palsy develop seizure disorders.
– Spasticity. There have been several positive studies into the effects of marijuana on muscle spasticity. Also the cannabinoid Sativex reduces muscle spasms in people with multiple sclerosis. A random study in 2012 published in The Canadian Medical Association Journal found that smoking pot worked A lot better than a placebo for spasticity and pain management for MS patients.
– stuttering. A prolific symptom of Cerebral Palsy is stuttering and speech reception. Anecdotal evidence as cannabis relaxes your muscles, it enabled you to speak more clearly.
– general quality of life. Some attainable medical cannabis makes you sleepy and relaxed. There are some strains that can lift your mood and can make you good in general.